|Questions and Answers
Because Universal Remote Controls are made by other companies, Funai Corporation cannot guarantee that your product will be compatible, or that all of the functions will be supported. If you decide to use a universal remote, please be aware that the code number given may not operate this unit. In this case, please call the manufacturer of the universal remote control.
The following codes may be applicable for the RCA Remote Model Number RCU500:
Emerson TV: 004, 006, 012, 023, 025-044, 046, 047, 123, 124, 162, 171, 177, 179, 191, 196, 208, 221
Emerson VCR: 014
Funai TV: 038
Funai VCR: 000, 026
Sylvania TV: 062
Sylvania VCR: 022
Symphonic TV: 038
Symphonic VCR: 026
Many setup / connection related questions can be answered by consulting the Owner's Manual for your product.
If you are connecting multiple components, please refer to the diagram below.
Note that a DVD player should always be connected directly to the television.
If your television or other component is equipped with Red and White A/V jacks, it is a STEREO model and the cables should be connected as shown. If your unit lacks a Red A/V jack, it is a MONO unit and you can simply disregard the Red cable and connections.
For additional information on alternate methods of connecting your components to a home stereo system, please consult the Owner's Manual for the stereo unit.
We recommend the use of standard coaxial cable provided.
Yes, please refer to your Owner's Manual for instructions regarding Preparation for Use.
No, your TV/VCR combination unit should automatically start to play when you insert a tape.
1. Press the POWER button to turn on the TV/VCR. (You must use the remote control for the following steps.)
NOTE: This feature WILL NOT change the audio
(sound) coming out of the TV/VCR, it will only change
the screen menu.
2. Select "LANGUAGE"
3. Press the MENU button.
4. Press the PLAY/or STOP/
button to point to
5. Select "ENGLISH" or "ESPAÑOL" using the
FWD/B or REW/s button.
6. Press the MENU button to return to TV mode.
NOTE: If for some reason the menu is in Spanish, press
the MENU button, press the PLAY/ button to point to
"IDIOMA [ESPAÑOL]", then press the F.FWD/ B button,
then press the MENU button.
Picture-in-picture is a feature unique to your television set, so you will need to consult the owners manual or contact the television manufacturer.
To process a warranty repair, we need your unit's Model Number and Serial Number as well as a copy of your receipt. Labor charges are covered for 90 days and parts are covered for one year from the date of purchase. Additionally, TV picture tubes are covered for 2 years.
1. Make sure that all cables are securely connected.
2. Remove any other electronic devices from the immediate vicinity of your television. These devices may interfere with your reception.
3. Do not connect your DVD or VCR to your cable converter and then to the TV. Try switching connections so they are ordered cable converter, DVD/VCR, TV.
4. If you have an internal antenna (rod or 'rabbit ears'), connect your television to an external antenna if possible. Cable or satellite reception should be better yet.
NOTE:You MUST PRESET channels BEFORE using CHANNEL ▲ or ▼ button.
1) Press the POWER button to turn on the TV.
2) Press the MENU button so that the menu display appears
on the TV screen.
3) Press the CH(annel) ▲ or ▼ button to point to "CHANNEL SET".
Then, press the VOL(ume) ▲ button. (pictured at right)
4) Press the CH(annel) ▲ or ▼ button to point to "AUTO MEMO".
Then, press the VOL(ume) ▲ button.
The tuner scans and memorizes all active channels in your area.
The TV distinguishes between standard TV channels and cable channels.
When AUTO MEMO action is completed, the lowest memorized channel
1. You need to connect the antenna or cable to the VCR first. Then, connect the VCR power plug into a standard AC outlet.
2. Turn on the TV and set the TV to channel 3 or 4. Now set the CH3/CH4 switch on the back of the VCR to match the channel selected on the TV.
3. Turn on the VCR by pressing [POWER]. Both the POWER and the VCR indicator lights will turn on.
4. If you are prompted, select the On Screen Language ("ENGLISH" or "ESPAÑOL") by pressing [PLAY] or [STOP]. Then, press [F.FWD].
If no language choice is displayed, press MENU on your remote and select CHANNEL SET UP by pressing [PLAY] or [STOP].
Then, press [F.FWD].
5. Begin channel preset by pressing [F.FWD] once.
The tuner scans and memorizes all active channels.
Channel memory programming is NOT needed when you connect the TV or VCR to a cable box or satellite box. In this case, set the VCR and TV to channel 3 or 4, the same channel as the CH3 or CH4 switch on the back of the VCR. Then, the channel you want to record or view may be selected at the cable box or satellite box.
The input channel may be found by pressing "00" or AUX, and for some units, GAME. For TVs from other manufacturers, you will need to consult the owner's manual or contact the manufacturer. Some common input channels are listed below:
Curtis Mathis: LINE1, LINE2, 00, 90, 91, 92, 93
GE: INPUT, TV/VCR, 00, 90, 91, 92, 93
Hitachi: INPUT, AUX
JVC: A/V CHANNEL, INPUT1, SVIDEO, INPUT2
Magnavox: AUX CHANNEL
RCA: INPUT, TV/VCR, 00, 90, 91, 92, 93
Sanyo: VIDEO, IN MENU
Sony: VIDEO1, VIDEO2,Video3
The input channel may be found by pressing "001" or L1 for the A/V inputs on the back of the unit, and "002" or L2 for those on the front. For VCRs from other manufacturers, you will need to consult the owner's manual or contact the manufacturer.
1. You need to connect the antenna or cable to the unit first. Then, connect the TV/VCR power plug into a standard AC outlet.
If some digits appear in the corner of the screen, press the POWER button
without unplugging the power cord.
2. Press the POWER button to turn on the TV/VCR.
3. If you are prompted, select the On Screen Language ("ENGLISH" or "ESPAÑOL") by pressing [PLAY] or [STOP]. Then, press [F.FWD].
If no language choice is displayed,
press MENU on your remote and select CHANNEL SET UP by pressing [PLAY] or [STOP]. Then, press [F.FWD].
5. Press the PLAY/K or STOP/L button to point to “AUTO PRESET”.
Then press the F.FWD/B button. The tuner scans and memorizes all active channels.